The Effect of Principal's Leadership, Work Motivation, and School Culture on Teacher Performance at Muhammadiyah Elementry Schools in Gamping Subdistrict
Keywords:Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah, Motivasi Kerja, Budaya Sekolah, dan Kinerja Guru
Teachers have a significant contribution to the learning success in schools. In creating conducive school, having good quality and generating graduates with integrity, good teachers’ performance is needed. Good teachers’ performance is affected by several factors including the principal's leadership, work motivation, and school culture. This study aims at analyzing whether there is a relationship between the principal's leadership, work motivation, and school culture with teachers’ performance. This research was conducted on classroom teachers at Muhammadiyah Elementary Schools in Gamping District with a population of 116. The sample used was the total population of 116. The independent variables in this study were the principal's leadership, work motivation, and school culture, while the dependent variable was teachers’ performance. The measurement of the variables was carried out by using a Likert scale. Data analysis was carried out by using multiple linear regressions with the help of SPSS 22 software. Based on the simple regression test and multiple linear regressions, the test results show that there is a significant relationship between the independent variables, the principal's leadership, work motivation and school culture on the performance of classroom teachers at Muhammadiyah Elementary Schools in Gamping District. The results of the coefficient of determination (R2) test show that teachers’ performance (Y) can be explained by the variables of the principal's leadership (X1), work motivation (X2), and school culture (X3) by 65%, while the remaining 35% is affected by other factors outside of this study. The conclusion of this study is that there is a positive and significant influence between the principal's leadership, work motivation, and school culture on the performance of classroom teachers in Muhammadiyah Elementary Schools in Gamping Subdistrict.
Ahmad, Barzi. (2018). Pengaruh Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah terhadap Kinerja Guru di SMP Negeri 10 Kendari. Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Geografi, Vol. 3, No. 1.
Anderson, A. H. & Kyprianou, A. (1994). Effective organizational behavior Cambridge, Massachussets. USA: Blackwell.
Anwar, M. I. (2003). Administrasi Pendidikan dan Manajemen Biaya Pendidikan. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Arikunto, Suharsimi. (2006). Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktek. Jakarta: PT. Rineka Cipta.
Asâ€™ad, M. (2008). Psikologi Industri. Liberty: Yogyakarta.
Bangun, W. (2012). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta : Erlangga.
Biget, A. S., et al. (2010). Motivationg Employers of the Public Sector. Does Public Service Motivation Matter? (Versi Elektronik). International Public Management Journal, Vol. 13, No. 3, Hal: 213-246.
Budianto, A. T. & Kumalasari, D. (2016). Pengaruh Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah terhadap Kinerja Guru Pada SMK PGRI 31 Legok. KREATIF Jurnal Ilmiah Prodi Manajemen Universitas Pamulang, Vol. 4, No. 1.
Copyright (c) 2023 Rini Ratnaningsih, Septian Aji Permana, Agus Joko Purwanto
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
The journal allow the authors to hold the copyright without restrictions and allow the authors to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International LicenseÂ that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Elementary School is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://journal.upy.ac.id/index.php/es